Monday, July 13, 2009

What's In A Name

As I’m sure many of you know, searching for a car is all-consuming! This is my first real car search (my last car had a great 10-year run). While searching Craig’s List I came across this hot, HOT pink Mini Cooper. My inner Barbie-doll loving 6 year old cannot resist a fabulous pink car! And the best part? This car has an equally fabulous name. His name is Fabio and he is talked about dearly as a beloved baby, referred throughout the post as ‘he’ and ‘him’. I’ll admit, the girls at work and I got a good laugh out of this cute pink car and his lifelike description. But then I was thinking, people would probably laugh at me too if they knew the characters that lived in my closet. Just as Fabio seemed to be someone’s baby, my clothes are my children! And yes, they have names!

My favorite, most distinctive pieces are named affectionately and when I say their names my friends know who I’m talking about. There’s Batman, my favorite black batwing top, Betsey a pink eyelet sundress, Coco a glam fur cape… and the list goes on, including shoes & even one particular statement-making necklace. So I guess it’s safe to say I’m slightly obsessed with my clothes. And when you’re making a big purchase like a car, or even investing in a great designer bag, you should love it enough that it inspires a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment