Friday, July 17, 2009

A Guilty Pleasure

To be honest, I don't watch a lot of television. Between work, the gym and my friends I just don't have time to follow a lot of shows. And to be honest, there really isn't a lot out there to watch. But, like everyone else, I have a few guilty pleasures. One of them is The Fashion Show on Bravo. Last night's finale part 1 was the best episode of the season, fashion wise.

Of the four finalist, my favorite was Daniella's. I have loved most of her clothes through the whole season but her collection was fantastic. Her look was very modern and I thought it was amazing that she actually made all of her own accessories. I think her best piece was a black and nude evening gown. It was simple, elegant and sophistcated.

The next best designer in my opinion was Anna. Her clothes were fun, flirty and could work on any woman. Her workmanship was fantastic and I love the way she uses prints. My biggest disappointment with her collection was the fact that she used ideas that we had already seen from her during the season instead of coming up with fresh, new ideas.

James-Paul's collection really surprised me. To be honest, most of the time I didn't understand his point of view. I was truly amazed that he actually made it into the finale. Most of the time I was looking at the television, shaking my head and saying to myself, "You have to be kidding." Last night, I finally got it. While he may never be a mainstream designer, you could actually see his vision in his final collection. My favorite piece was an outfit that included what could best be described as a hood.

Reco, Reco, Reco, what happened? All through the season, Reco always had what can best be described as an ego the size of New York. And most of the time it was justified. The clothing that he made was exquisite. His eye for detail and the way to fit a woman's body was fantastic. Somehow, last night, with the exception of one or two noticable pieces, he seemed to have lost his edge. His two best pieces were a beautiful, turquoise coat and a stunning red evening gown. His worse two? They had to be the feather dress and the wedding gown.

All in all, this was a awesome show and a great season one for The Fashion Show. If you get the chance, watch the reruns. If not, check the photos of their collections. http://www.bravotv.com/the-fashion-show/photos They are a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment