Thursday, July 16, 2009

Destination Vacation


I love getting in my car and just driving, with no particular destination in mind. It gives me a sense of freedom that I don't get from anything else. With today's gas prices though, I've had to put more thought into my occasional excursions. I've decided to visit Bar Harbor, Maine in a few weeks. I've driven as far north as Portland, so this will be virgin territory for me. I'm struggling with what to pack - don't want to bring more than one suitcase, and with this crazy summer weather, I don't know if I should bring the planned shorts and bathing suit or fall back to jeans and sweatshirts (any recommendations would be appreciated!!). I've also researched restaurants and there seem to be quite a few good ones. The one I really want though has great seafood, is inexpensive, and is frequented by more locals than tourists. If such a place exists, what's it called? If you can think of any spots that I absolutely "must see", let me know and I'll do my best to check them out. I'll report back on any recommendations and maybe some other spots I've discovered on my own when I get back! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment