Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Perfect Man (with a wrench)


It was a day after I had the day off and quite a busy day with a catalog releasing, so I stayed a little later to finish up and then I headed out to drive home (which is a pretty good commute away). When I started to back up, I heard the car making what sounded to me like a very expensive sound. Don’t you hate when that happens?

So I pulled over and nervously got out of the car to see what made the noise-a tire that was flatter than a pancake. Much better, I thought, than an engine or transmission freaking out! I breathed a sigh of relief and went into damage control mode-time for a call to roadside assistance. Before I got to make the call, I ran into one of the guys that I work with, though, and he offered to change the flat. He also gave me quite a lesson in tire changing. Then I was off.

Because it was so late, I couldn’t get the tire fixed until the next day. And then, wonder of wonders, I walked into the tire place and saw my old mechanic, whom I haven’t been able to locate since his auto place closed down. It was like a reunion with a soulmate. The discovery even took some of the sting out of having to buy, not one, but two new tires, (apparently tires should be replaced in pairs).

Anyway, the whole thing made me wonder three things: how many women can change a tire by themselves and why didn’t they teach that in school, and do other woman feel like finding a good mechanic is worth as much as finding the perfect guy?

AEL

2 comments:

  1. It's not hard using a couple of wrenches to change tires or other small but crucial things on a car. I encourage everyone to learn at least how to change a flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motor sports offer unique experiences . You should try them yorself .

    ReplyDelete