Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fashion Fad

When the Twilight series came out I had my doubts and wondered how and why so many people were enjoying such a far fetched series based off of vampires and werewolves. I had a few younger cousins that had read it and therefore I believed it was a teeny bopper fad that would soon fade away. However, I decided to give it a try and ended up not being able to put it down. I would even find myself not wanting to go out at night and excited to leave work so I could go home and keep reading. After I finished the series, I then had my mom and aunts read it and we all agreed that it was in fact, addicting.

I will give Stephenie Meyer kudos on her superior imagination but I am not a fan of the vampire monopoly that has begun because of Twilight. This social group of vampire idols will spend their disposable income on vampire attire such as fangs and necklaces holding fake vials of blood. Although I’m sure most Twilight fans are not extremist of this growing fashion trend, this is one trend that I will not miss and that I hope vanishes quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment