Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall Vacations

I love Fall. It is probably my favorite season. Living in New England I get to see the leaves change color and the sky turn that crisp blue as the nights get colder. It is probably why I am taking my vacation this time of year.

I will be heading to upper Michigan for my week vacation. Why Michigan, you ask? Well, I actually went to college there (Go State!) and still love to go back and visit old friends and places. I will be staying in two places, Houghton Lake and Charlevoix. Both are very much off the grid and very beautiful this time of year.

The only problem is I don't know if I will live through the stress of getting ready for my vacation. Between getting things set up for my co-workers, finishing up projects that can't wait until I get back, finding a substitute for my other job and getting things done at home, I don't know if I'm going to make it. And let's not even talk about packing. Have you tried to pack everything for a week trip into one suitcase and one carry-on? Not an easy feat, let me tell you. Especially for the weather this time of year. Jeans, sweaters, hoodies and jackets. This may actually be the biggest challenge of the week.

Well, hopefully the next time you hear from me, I will have some great stories and good pictures. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. My hubby and I celebrated our ten year anniversary in Colorado and it was so much fun. The packing wasn't bad at all because we know what we wanted to take with us. We actually packed light for a change.

    ReplyDelete