Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fashion Beach Reads

For some reason, reading happens to be more of a leisurely hobby for me in the summer time compared to all other times of the year. I guess because I enjoy going to the beach or laying out by the pool, but I need to do more than just lay there. Besides your typical fashion magazine; I enjoy books that are based off of women’s lives and more important-fashion! Two of my favorite reads have been Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster (she also has a very amusing blog at: http://www.jennsylvania.com/) and Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison.


Bitter is the New Black in Jen’s words are the “Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office.” The extremely long, sarcastic title caught my attention and kept my attention until I finished the book in less than a week.


Shoe Addicts Anonymous follows four women including a politician’s wife, a woman in immense debt due to her obsession with eBay, a phone sex operator who is also suffering from agoraphobia (the fear of going out in public), and a nanny for a family from hell. These women meet every Tuesday night to trade their designer shoes and open up about their very different lives.


I would recommend these reads to anyone who is waiting for new episodes of Desperate Housewives to start airing again. I think these books are just as equal if not better as a great filler for our Wisteria Lane withdrawals.


So….What have you been reading this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment