Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Reads



TGIF! The work week is coming to a close which means its time for one of my favorite summer activities…hitting the beach and getting lost in a great book! Reading, especially while at the beach hearing the wave’s crash in the background, is very relaxing and the perfect way to wind down from the office hustle and bustle. This summer there seems to be tons of great novels I’m finding it hard to pick just one. Currently, I have two lists that I’m slowly picking my way through the “must read list” that features more hard hitting serious novels and the “beach read list” which as you can imagine highlights chic lit at its finest.

I’ve included my lists below and would love to hear what’s on your lists. Do you have any great novels you can recommend? What’s on your summer reading lists? Oh and if you’re a book-alcoholic like me check out www.goodreads.com it’s a great site for book-lovers!

“Must Read” List:

  1. Tinkers – Paul Harding
  2. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake – Aimee Bender
  3. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
  4. Still Missing – Chevy Stevens
  5. Innocent - Scott Turow

“Beach Read” List:

  1. Heart of the Matter – Emily Giffin
  2. One Day – David Nicholls
  3. Best Friends Forever - Jennifer Weiner
  4. Belong to Me - Marisa de los Santos
  5. A Vintage Affair - Isabel Wolff

No comments:

Post a Comment