Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Like Riding a Bike...

You know the phrase "it's like riding a bike, you never forget!" well it's not entirely true, you're a little nervous and shaky at first, but you will remember eventually. Lately, I've been really into bike riding - I've been going so often, I outgrew my cute little beach cruiser and bought a real (grown-up) road bike. There are a number of bike-friendly trails all across Massachusetts and New Hampshire that make for a great leisurely ride, a good workout and all around good time! We went on one trip - it was 14 miles of paved, flat, shaded bike path that ended near a lake and had a little picnic lunch, totally beats sitting in the hot car waiting in traffic to go to the beach!
I'm no 'Lance Armstrong' but I do enjoy a 10+ mile ride every once in a while, but I'm not really sure about the cyclist fashion style - tight spandex shorts and lycra, form-fitting shirts, soccer cleat looking shoes - I'm sure all that fancy clothing makes for a more aerodynamic, smoother ride - but I just don't have the figure to wear spandex all over! I think I'm going to opt for a casual pair of shorts, t-shirt and a hoodie - this terry set from Chadwicks is already sitting in my cart :) Because in the end, it's really what you're comfortable in. The most important bike riding gear is a proper fitting helmet: You always want to protect your head in case of anything!

So, pack a picnic lunch, ditch the car and bike ride somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment