Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To Cook or Not to Cook...

We had an interesting conversation one day during lunch - one of my colleagues does not like to cook, so her and her significant other tend to eat out a lot. Another colleague said "I can't believe you don't cook for your hubby, don't you care about him?"

We've been polling everyone in the office ever since, and it's a pretty even split. Some people believe that cooking should be left for a special occasion - we're all busy and between work, the gym, the dry cleaners, picking up the kids - there is little time left to cook a meal from scratch. But on the flipside, there is a level of joy when you slave over that hot stove for the ones you love. There's the old saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" and I don't know how you ladies feel, call me old fashioned but I think it's true! Almost nothing makes me feel better when I have a nice, hot dish made with L-O-V-E.

Who says you can't be a power woman and wear a power suit and make a knock-out dish to wow your family? What do you think - is the stereotype of the 1950's woman fashion forward or fashion faux paus?

No comments:

Post a Comment