Friday, December 11, 2009

Are wrinkles really a sin?

A few days ago I woke up, got dressed and ready for work like any other day. I was feeling pretty good this particular day, until my wife saw what I was wearing. It's cold in Massachusetts, so I thought it would be a great idea to wear a sweater over my dress shirt, wrinkled or not. I didn't even notice the wrinkles, until they were pointed out to me. If I didn't notice them, would anyone at work? I believe the exact words out of my wife's mouth were "I'm not suggesting you don't wear that sweater, I'm telling you...you cannot wear that! You look ridiculous!".

To her chagrin, I ignored the friendly advice and went to work anyways. No one said a word about it at work, and when I returned home that night, I told a little white lie that I was complimented at work on my sweater. She immediately saw through me so I fessed up that there were no compliments that day. But it made me wonder, do people really care if their clothing is wrinkled? Is it just that women are more offended by it than men? Let's face it, everyone has some wrinkles, but I guess sometimes there is a line that is crossed. I'm sure I crossed that line this week and hopefully my coworkers will forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment